Tamara A. Kudaibergenova, MD PhD
Duration of stay: 05/2007-07/2007
DAAD Research Fellow / Akademie für Ethik in der Medizin
Kyrgyz State Medical Academy
Ulitsa Akhunbaeva 92
2009: Associate Professor, Bioethics course, Public Health and Health care chair, Kyrgyz State Medical Academy, Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan
2007-2008: Director of Bioethics and Rights Center, Kyrgyz-Russian Slavic University, Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan.
2006: Member of UNESCO working group on Developing Central Asian Network and Strategic Plan for Ethics in Health Research Decision-making of the UNESCO Almaty Cluster Office for Central Asia (UNESCO-A)
2004-2007: Human Protection Administrator (Director) of Institutional Review Board (IRB) (Bioethical Committee) of Kyrgyz State Medical Academy (KSMA)
1994-1997: Senior Researcher at the Experimental and Clinical Laboratory of Adaptation processes Pharmacology, Kyrgyz State Medical Academy, Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan
1991-1994: Young Scientist at the Experimental and Clinical Laboratory of Adaptation processes Pharmacology, Kyrgyz State Medical Academy, Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan
1989-1991: Young scientist at the Ecology Research Institute, Kyrgyzstan
Other Experience and Professional Membership
2002-2007: Expert of the Center for Health care Research of Kyrgyz State Medical Academy
2000-2007: Director of International office of Kyrgyz State Medical Academy, Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan
2000-2007: English and German Language Interpreter experience for AIHA, TEMPUS and DAAD partnership programs
1999-2007: President of DAAD Alumni Association Kyrgyzstan
Research Grants and Projects
- Research Fellowship of German Academic Exchange Program at Humboldt University, Institute for Medical Immunology, University Clinic Charite, Berlin, Germany for research project Deep Immunological study of new plant origin extract, 2002.
- American International Health Alliance International partnership project with Universities of Nevada and South Florida, US (www.aiha.com)
- Research grant for project Top 20 Health problems of Kyrgyzstan, Health care Research Center of Institute of Health Management and Public Health, Kyrgyz State Medical Academy (KSMA), 2003.
- Research grant for project Assessment of Family group practitioners Effectiveness, Health care Research Center of Institute of Health Management and Public Health, Kyrgyz State Medical Academy (KSMA), 2002.
- Research grant for project Assessment of new Family Medicine Educational Program at KSMA, Health care Research Center of Institute of Health Management and Public Health, Kyrgyz State Medical Academy (KSMA), 2002.
- Establishment the first Institutional Review Board (IRB) and to obtaining a Federal wide Assurance in preparation for U.S.-funding support for research projects at the Kyrgyz State Medical Academy
- European Union’s Tempus partnership project Public health challenges in Kyrgyzstan: developing a new curriculum with the St Martin’s College (UK) and Pirkanmaa Polytechnic (Finland), 2002-2004.
- Research Fellowship of German Academic Exchange Program for research project Immunological Study of new herbal preparation at the Institute for Medical Immunology, University Clinic Charite, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany, 1997-1998.
- Research grant of State Agency of Innovative Technologies for project Study of Pharmacological properties of new plant origin extract: in-vivo and in-vitro experiments of Adaptation processes pharmacology at the Kyrgyz State Medical Academy, 1991-1994.
- Ethics of Energy Technologies in Asia and the Pacific project coordinated by RUSHSAP, UNESCO Bangkok. Working Group 2: Ethical Worldviews of Nature (http://www.unescobkk.org/index.php?id=7923&type=98); Working Group 11: Educational Frameworks for Environmental Ethics (http://cms.unescobkk.org/index.php?id=7928).
- Post doctorate research project: Peculiarities of Kyrgyz Biomedical Ethics. National approaches to bioethics foundation development and international standards. Kyrgyz State Medical Academy
Kudaibergenova, TA and AK Karasaeva (2008): Ethical Values of Tengrianism at Kyrgyzes. 9th World Congress of Bioethics, 3rd – 8th September 2008, Rijeka, Croatia.
Kudaibergenova, TA (2008): Tengrianism as basis for bioethical education in Kyrgyz Republic. Ninth Asian Bioethics Conference, 3rd-7th November 2008, Yogyakarta, Indonesia.
Kudaibergenova, TA, H-D Volk and AZ Zurdinov (2001): Effects of new herbal extract on in-vitro production of cytokines, in: TA Kudaibergenova and EM Baibagyshev (eds): Sovremennoe sostojanie nauchnyh issledovani v Kyrgyzstane. Sbornik nauchnyh trudov DAAD stipendiatov. Kyrgyzstana: 140-147. O’Brien, DK and TA Kudaibergenova (2005): Public health challenges in Kyrgyzstan: developing a new curriculum, in: Electronic Journal of Rural and Remote Health, Research, Education, Practice and Policy,